Email: Contact Rhonda Quagliana | P: 434.296.7138 | F: 434.296.1301
Rhonda Quagliana is an experienced trial attorney who represents clients in state and federal courts in central Virginia. She has handled complex civil and criminal litigation, including capital defense. Her unyielding determination and attention to detail have won the respect of her peers and colleagues. In 2010, Ms. Quagliana was selected to serve as president of the Charlottesville/Albemarle Bar Association. She currently serves on the Indigent Defense Commission Capital Qualification Standards Committee, as well as the Rules Committee for the Western District of Virginia. In addition to her law degree, Ms. Quagliana holds a doctorate degree from the University of Virginia. She uses her understanding of the academic environment to assist students and faculty in disciplinary and other administrative proceedings. Ms. Quagliana is a partner in the firm. She received her law degree from the University of Virginia in 1995. Ms. Quagliana is active in the community and has served on the board of the Local Human Rights Committee for Region 10, which assists disabled citizens, and currently serves as President of the Board of Directors of the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA.
- Virginia, 1995
- University of Virginia, J.D.; Ph.D.
- Tulane University, B.A., with honors
- Virginia Bar Association
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association (President 2009-2010; Executive Committee 2006-2008)
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Criminal Bar Association (President, 2003-2004)
- Fellow, Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court (Secretary-Treasurer, 1998-1999)
- Local Rule Committee for the Western District of Virginia
Rhonda Quagliana has lectured and written on a variety of subjects including the defense of capital murder cases, effective use of voir dire in criminal trials, the importance of pro bono efforts by attorneys in their communities, and other subjects relating to litigation in Virginia Courts. She is a contributing author to legal publications including Defense of Serious Traffic Cases in Virginia, The Law of Damages in Virginia, and The Virginia Lawyer: a Deskbook for Practitioners.
- Business law
- Civil litigation
- College student discipline
- Commercial litigation
- Criminal law
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Traffic violations
- Personal injury
* Case results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each case. Case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future case.
St. John, Bowling, Lawrence & Quagliana, LLP is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and represents clients throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.