Email: Contact K. Jay Galloway | P: 434.296.7138 | F: 434.296.1301
Jay is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law and served in the chambers of the Honorable Elizabeth A. McClanahan of the Supreme Court of Virginia before returning to Charlottesville.
Jay is also a veteran of the United States Navy. Jay founded a program at the University of Virginia School of Law that assists veterans appealing denials of disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. He has provided assistance to other law schools seeking to initiate similar programs to aid veterans. Jay is admitted to practice before both the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Court of Appeals of Veterans Claims, as well as all the Courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
After leaving the Supreme Court of Virginia, Jay focused his practice on wills, trusts, and gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning before joining St. John, Bowling, Lawrence & Quagliana, LLP. Jay handles a wide range of matters with a focus on criminal and civil litigation, as well as estate planning and Title IX investigations.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Administrative Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- University of Virginia, J.D.
- University of West Florida, M.A.
- Troy University, B.S.
- Virginia Bar Association
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association
- Criminal law and civil litigation
- Title IX and other college disciplinary matters
- Estate planning and administration
- Veterans benefits